Monday, January 25, 2016

Sunday Riley "Luna"




Sorry for the little absence... but I'm back! Currently there's a snow storm happening here in New York, I don't think I've ever seen so much snow. Anyways on to the fun stuff, I'm someone who loves to test out new products, especially skincare (I'm kind of a skincare junkie). So when I heard everyone rave about the Sunday Riley Luna oil, I knew it was one I had to test out for myself. Even though I was a bit skeptical of writing a review on it, because so many bloggers and youtubers have talked about it, that I wasn't sure I would have anything new to share about the product. But since it's been a staple in my skincare routine for a good month now and I've seen such an improvement in my skin, I had to talk about it and let you guys know why I love it so much...

I put off buying this oil for so long, because of the price (it ain't cheap)! I kept convincing myself of why I needed it, but my wallet would just not do it. Finally I decided to take the leap and I got it! Often I regret buying such expensive products, because they're never anything exceptional. But I'm so glad I got Luna, because it was worth every penny (in my opinion). My skin has never look so good and so refreshed, and keeping in mind we're in full winter (and that's usually when my skin isn't at its best).

I've had a weird relationship with Sunday Riley in the past, because I never got along with her cleanser Ceramic Slip. The smell was absolutely horrendous and it made me really dread using it. I also didn't see any huge difference in my skin, except that I was breaking out more than usual, so I stopped using it. So when I heard the huge rave around Luna, I wasn't quite sure I was going to like it, since Sunday Riley is known for her very particular scents and if I spend that much money on a product I want to LOVE it!

Luna is a retinol oil with it's main ingredients being Blue Tansy, German Camomile, cold pressed Avocado oil and Trans-retinol Ester and lots of others. All of which are great for calming redness and irritation. It's supposed to help reduce pore size, improve appearance of damaged skin, and help fight wrinkles. Luna is targeted for people with more sensitive skin, so I fit perfectly in that category. The reason why I love it so much, is when I wake up in the morning after applying a few drops before my moisturizer, it makes my skin look new (I'm not joking). I have no pimples the next morning and my skin feels so smooth and soft. I also have a lot of redness on my cheeks and it really reduces it. This stuff is magic!

The oil itself is very interesting, it has this dark blue, greenish color and if you put to much on (that's why a few are more than enough), it will stain your pillow, since it's not an oil that sinks in straight away. Surprisingly I got along very well with the smell, it did not bother me at all, like other Sunday Riley products do. I found it very relaxing in the evening, because it has that very essential oil smell, which is very calming to me. If you suffer from very bad redness and acne prone skin, this is your ideal product and trust me you will love it!

xoxo

Do you have any holly grail oils, which you cannot live without?


Follow me on Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);