Sunday, December 27, 2015

Top 5 Red Winter Lips



Hope all of you had a wonderful and restful Christmas with your loved ones! We still have a week before New Years, so I thought I would mention some of my favorite red lipstick I brought with me for the holiday season. Because yes... I'm that person that brought more than one red lipstick with me. A girl needs options!

Starting with my all time favorite the Estée Lauder x Kendall Jenner in Restless. I absolutely adore this lipstick, it's the prettiest color I've come across in a long time. The orange-red is so unique and I love how creamy it feels on the lips, even though it's a matte. It doesn't have the best lasting power, but the color makes up for it (in my opinion).  

If your looking for a true red Mac Ruby Woo, is the lipstick I associate with a classic red lip. 
A lot of people don't like the formula Ruby Woo has, because of how drying it is. But personally I love the finish and texture it has, and I don't think it dries my lips out more than some other red lipsticks I own. The application isn't the easiest, but one application is all you need, since it's very pigmented.  

For those of you who don't want to go full red, berry shades are a good alternative. Still having that statement lip, but in a less in your face way. There are so many lovely berry colors out there, but one of my favorites is the Burberry Lip Velvet Lipstick in Oxblood. For some reason the name totally caught my eye, and I'm so glad it did, because I love the shade. Very pigmented and if you dab your lips with a tissue, you'll be left with a beautiful stain.

A long time favorite of mine have been the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. The formula of these lip crayons are as the name suggests very velvety. They are one of the most comfortable mattes and easiest lipsticks to apply, because of the pencil shape. Two of my favorite shades are Mysterious Red, a beautiful true red and Cruella a more darker version. Cruella has more of a blue undertone, whereas Mysterious Red more of a orangy red.  

Finally if you want a lipstick, that will stay through sipping glasses of Champagne one after the other, Colorpop Ultra Matte Lip in Succulent will be your best bet. Be ready to have some makeup remover on hand, because it will not come off! Again it's a beautiful neon orange-red color (can you catch the theme) which will make you stand out in the crowd. The formula is extremely drying, but it makes up for it's long lasting powers (Red lips all night long)!

What are your most trusted reds?


Follow me on Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);