Monday, December 21, 2015

The Winter Party Look




I don't know about you guys, but winter is when I start getting Party ready. There are so many celebrations one after the other, that I have to plan ahead what I'm going to wear and put on my face. I love coming up with cool and "sparkly" looks I can wear during the festive season. This year it's all about that shimmery eye (because of Nikkietutorials) and a perfected base.

The Makeup For Ever Ultra HD Foundation, has taken over my heart and has quickly become one of my favorite foundations. As you all know I'm not a fan of foundations in general, because I find they can be a little heavy and unnatural on me, but this is amazing. It gives you the most flawless finish ever! I use my beauty blender to apply it and applies so well. I get complements each time I wear it. And since it's the season where pictures are taken all the time, this is the perfect foundation, because it doesn't have SPF.
To cover up those dark circles, I've picked my trusty Bobbi Brown Corrector. This stuff is amazing for concealing the undereye area, but be light handed with it, because if you put too much it will crease (and no-one wants that). As for powder I've fallen back in love with the Chanel Luminous Matte Powder. It's has such a smooth application and gives you that extra coverage, while still looking natural on the skin (and keeping you matte all night). And that packaging (ahhh)!

To warm up the face and give it more dimension, I wanted something travel friendly and something multi use. The Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow, was the best choice. Because I use it to contour and bronze up my face, and as a inner corner highlight, cheekbone highlight (basically to highlight everything). I love this product, because it makes you so glowy and it stays all night!

Where I really go all out on my makeup is the eyes. It's so much fun to experiment with new looks this time of year, because I feel like you can kind of get away with it (as long as there's glitter involved). I feel like the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette, has the perfect selection of colors. It's such a versatile product and really easy to come up with some beautiful looks. I love putting the light shade all over my eyelid and then smoking it up (a lot) with the two darker shades, and adding that golden glittery gorgeousness in the center of the eyelid (girl, with this shade you will make heads turn)! And if I want some extra glitter added, I'll use the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Fantasme (this is shimmer/glitter in a pot).
Of course I cannot go without eyeliner and I really like the Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner. I love how easy it is to apply and that it's super dark. Since I don't wear lashes, I wanted a mascara that would do the trick and the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, gives the most incredible volume and length. It looks like you're wearing fake eyelashes.

Finally, I love a dark berry shade or reds. So I thought the Burberry Lipstick in Oxblood, would pair beautifully with this look. Whenever I wear a dark lip, I always have to line my lips first. I personally think it looks better and makes the color more intense. I used the Mac Lipliner in Currant to pair with the Burberry lipstick. A beautiful combo by the way!  

Have you tried any of these picks?


Follow me on Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);