Monday, February 23, 2015

New York Fashion Week


Well well Fashion Week has finally come to an end... What an amazing week it was, from being a spectator to backstage volunteer work, I got to experience it all. I am so lucky to have got to attend the Naomi Campbell's Fashion For Relief Benefit Fashion Show. My school was offering free tickets to attend it and I managed to get one (lucky me)! It was amazing to get to sit and see all these beautiful and successful people I've always looked up to and admired walk down the runway. But I have to say the high light of the evening had to be when Naomi Campbell herself walked down the runway. She had so much class, elegance and made the whole crowed go wild. She just look so effortless... 
On Wednesday I got to help this amazing designer called LaQuan Smith (definitely check out his designs), who designs clothes for singers like Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Beyonce. He has a very interesting view on how clothes should fit a woman. Since I was volunteering there and was backstage, it wasn't the glamorous setting I had expected. But I really enjoyed it, especially when I had to help dress the models that were all 1 meter taller then me. I look like a hobbit next to all these tall and beautiful models. Even though it was the most stressful setting I could of been in, it was so worth it at the end. I got to meet so many interesting people, who work in the industry and gave me amazing advice. I also got so many contacts out of this experience, I really feel like the luckiest girl.  

Looking back at this week I honestly I had such a great and amazing experience. I am so thankful! 

Did you get to experience NYFW, if so how was it? or maybe some of you are experiencing LFW, let me know how it is. 


Follow me on Bloglovin / Twitter Instagram / Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);